Sudbury Upper School

Sudbury Upper School
Sudbury Upper School

Sunday 30 March 2014

P.E....


I hated sport in general (still do), and I especially hated the cross country running (in all weathers). The female PE teachers used to stand on the nice, warm, dry landing outside the girls changing room, and watched us running around Springlands Estate through their binoculars. I still have nightmares about aertex tops and nylon shorts….

I’m not entirely sure how I managed it, but I ended up with two indoor PE sessions a week (trampolining and table tennis). We were supposed to have one indoor and one outdoor session (either netball or hockey outside I believe). Both indoor sessions were in the sports hall, overlooked by huge glass windows situated near the upstairs offices and reception – giving the illusion of being in a goldfish bowl. There was another sports hall for things like volleyball and badminton. If memory serves me right, there was a spiral staircase leading up to the upstairs bar (!) and girls changing rooms.

Sports Day was simply an excuse to sit outside on the grass chilling out (unless you happened to be one of the few sporty types, in which case you ended up sweating your wotsits off in front of a mainly unappreciative crowd).



No comments:

Post a Comment